Whether you are an online seller, in the development stage of a startup, or creating a fundraising campaign you have likely come across the challenge of creating appealing product images to attract customers and investors. We know this is an important way to market a product, but just how important?
Studies have shown nearly 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, leading most people to claim that visual content has the most impact on their decision. Marketing teams have taken this information to advertise products with a priority on images, photos, illustrations and animations to impress their customers.
Traditionally speaking, hiring a professional photographer is a good way to get product images, as the use of photo studios and professional equipment allows them to take high quality photos. They can also use enhancement tools after the session to edit small discrepancies such as dust, micro scratches, oils, fingerprints, and even some manufacturing defects. While this has been a great way to obtain product images, newer cost-efficient technologies have been emerging that allow less equipment, more flexibility and no post-processing.
3D product rendering has recently become a solution for many marketing companies, and its use only seems to be growing. The process is rather simple: you start by creating a 3D model representing the geometry of a product and apply virtual materials to give the model a photo-realistic appearance.
The technology has become so advanced that it's becoming difficult to distinguish from real photos. Take a look at these images below..
The use of 3D rendering opens a new world of abilities for marketing. Let's take a look at the benefits of adopting digitally created images:
1. Perfect images every time - 3D images have no color cast issues, producing the perfect balance and precise exposure on an image.
2. No retouching - Images only contain what has intentionally been designed and therefore no retouching is required, ever.
3. Controlled conditions - You can recreate any condition, any time of day, at any geographical location on the planet.
4. Lighting challenges - Interior lighting can be easily controlled with 3D rendering; the type of lighting condition can be changed quickly.
5. Staging - Objects can be moved within an environment with the click of a mouse, saving time and money!
6. Making changes - Digital models offer the flexibility to alter images up to the point of publication and even months later when you decide to reuse elements in a new marketing campaign.
7. Visualization before production - Perhaps the greatest benefit of 3D rendering is the ability to visualize, and even change a model before it is manufactured.
It's no secret that selling products requires a strong marketing plan. Photographs have served as a great resource in the past, but their ability to be altered has limited their use in a fast-growing industry. Luckily, the emergence of new technologies is giving companies the ability to create images with the flexibility of changing colors, backgrounds, lighting conditions, and even the product itself. Although 3D rendering is just starting to peak its head into the product marketing industry, it will likely be the main contender in the near future.
Interested in a 3D rendering of your product? Send us a message HERE and mention this article to receive a 20% discount!